Subject: Re: Yet another PAR question...
From: [email-masked] (Dave Tong)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 1995 12:40:27 -0700

Carl Andrew Johnson wrote:

>The PAR software will take the frames as they come, so your animation
>will play back at frame 1,101,2,102,3,103, etc. It would be an
>interesting effect, but probably not what you want.
>
>I do recall that there was a piece of software called Wavelink (???) that
>supposedly took acre of this problem for you. I think it's by Axiom software.

another option:

we have started using Plantation Distributed Rendering software
(interVisual Software of Augusta,Georgia) to render from two Amiga 4000s to
one PAR.  Plantation will start Amiga#A at frame 1 and Amiga#B at frame 2.
Whichever Amiga is done first will move on to frame 3 and so on.

If frame 3 gets rendered ahead of frame 2, Plantation holds frame 3 in a
temporary drawer until frame 2 is written to the PAR.

We just started using it, and so far it has worked well (once we adapted to
the way Plantation wants to find the LW Scene file (in the DEFAULT 3D/Scene
drawer)).

We're using EnlanDFS network, but the Plantation manual says its been
tested with PARnet.  Not  very expensive either.

P.S.  I have no ties to Intervisual, except that I bought their software.

Dave

Dave Tong
[email-masked]
U Idaho Instructional Media Center   PH: 208/885-0569  FX:208/885-0566

--
[email-masked] (Dave Tong) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]